Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the MichaelArts Forums.

You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. If you register here at the MichaelArts Forums you'll be able to download free MichaelArts Games, Music, and watch MichaelArts Movies. On top of this you will get to work on special projects with the entire community, get access to a ton of forums, including a place to show off your own projects and so much more! Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chinese People’s Obsession with Gold and Golden Jewelries
Topic Started: May 14 2012, 12:38 AM (1,299 Views)
haodsjlrj
No Avatar
[ * ]
Everyone likes gold. I still remember when I was young, my mother used to wear golden jewelries to make her look prettier. Elders prefer to buy golden jewelries as some kind of insurance. Rich people also always decorate their houses with gold as a symbol of their wealth. In ancient China, gold is also a color representing royalty.
When I was in my high school and college, each time I got a good score, I would like to ask my mother to buy me a golden jewelry as a prize. Maybe it’s not quite right to do so, but I still feel lucky that I asked, because values of these jewelries all raised a lot. After graduated from college and got a job at a company, I still kept this ‘habit’. Each time I got a bonus, I bought some. Not like the old days, the golden jewelries made today are very fashionable and beautiful. There are also some inlaid with other materials, like diamonds and jades.
Not like the old days, nowadays, people buy gold and gold jewelries not only because they like them, but also because it has an investment value. Take me for example, values of gold and jewelries I bought all rose about three to four times. Along with the rapid economic development and more and more serious inflation, it is also an assurance for your properties since currency becomes less and less valuable. Many years ago, investors with prospective vision already began to invest on gold and golden jewelries, and they all gained a lot. Recently, since there’s a significant increase and decrease of related price in global market, it is also a great opportunity for investors to gain huge profits.
In conclusion, gold and golden jewelries can not only make you look better, but also make you rich, so it is no wonder that Chinese people are obsessed them.
Edited by -XM-, May 14 2012, 12:15 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post ^

-XM-
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If the American dollar's value keeps on going down then I might have to take you up on this offer :-XM-:
Offline Profile Quote Post ^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Introduce Yourself · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Orbital by tiptopolive of Zathyus Network Resources.