Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the MichaelArts Forums.

You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. If you register here at the MichaelArts Forums you'll be able to download free MichaelArts Games, Music, and watch MichaelArts Movies. On top of this you will get to work on special projects with the entire community, get access to a ton of forums, including a place to show off your own projects and so much more! Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Recently
Topic Started: Feb 5 2013, 02:25 PM (2,182 Views)
Sprocket
Member Avatar
Dedicated Member
[ *  *  * ]
Recently there haven't been enough posts, just thought I'd feed the feed back to life!
Offline Profile Quote Post ^

Yotara
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I feel the need... the need for feed!

-XM-
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah man.... I am almost out of school.... just started my "final project", so if everything goes as planned I'm out of here in June. After that I'm going to start work on another game and try to do this indie games thing full time. Just been so insanely busy with stuff :( How about you guys?

EDIT: I'm going to Forget This In June if you know what I mean :-XM-:
Edited by -XM-, Feb 6 2013, 08:26 PM.

Yotara
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yup, I'm pretty much drowning in university stuff as well. I'm still not sure what I want to do when I grow up after I graduate, but since I have a great passion for games, it may as well be a game designer. At least that would be something I wouldn't get completely bored of. We've already had some coding exercises and demonstrations, and one of them is to incrementally design a Poker game (without a graphical UI of course). And it's something I like to do. And would like to do even more thoroughly if I actually had time for it lol.

EDIT:

I guess we're adults now, so saying that is silly. :)
Edited by Yotara, Feb 7 2013, 01:19 PM.

-XM-
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, we pretty much are.... ughhh... LOL! That's cool man, I think doing something you love to do is the key to life really. If you like to do that stuff, I'd definitely go for that! What programming language did you do the Poker game in?

Sprocket
Member Avatar
Dedicated Member
[ *  *  * ]
It wasn't a slant, just didn't want things to become too quiet :up: Agree with the doing things you enjoy -certainly makes things more enjoyable!! :D Good luck with your university projects!

-XM-
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Everything still going as planned with you, Sprock?

Yotara
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
We're coding in Java. I guess we'll have a course or two of C++ in the near future as well, but the basis is taught in Java. I think I'll start practising programming on my own in the summer when I have time.

What are you guys studying at the moment?

Sprocket
Member Avatar
Dedicated Member
[ *  *  * ]
I'm not too sure how much of where I am was planned, though I guess at least a small bit of planning must have taken place! I'm now a GTA, helping teach biology students programming amongst other things. Majority of things I'm doing are in MATLAB at the moment, though I'm longing to get back to c++ or having a go with python. Also writing up what I hope will be my first paper, which is exciting but the process is painful!

-XM-
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ewww C++ :P I'm using it for this school project, and then I'm hoping to never touch it again haha. Sounds like you're still keeping busy, but that's awesome you get to help the students programming... what does GTA stand for? I can only think of Grand Theft Auto :-XM-:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Forum Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Orbital by tiptopolive of Zathyus Network Resources.