Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the MichaelArts Forums.

You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. If you register here at the MichaelArts Forums you'll be able to download free MichaelArts Games, Music, and watch MichaelArts Movies. On top of this you will get to work on special projects with the entire community, get access to a ton of forums, including a place to show off your own projects and so much more! Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
MichaelArts 2015 Roundup; A summary of this year's projects
Topic Started: Dec 16 2015, 08:36 PM (545 Views)
-XM-
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks to everyone that made this year so amazing... it's been hard at times but also a lot of fun. A lot of good memories with old friends and new friends I met when I traveled. Before I recap everything and take a break for Christmas, some people have asked what I'm doing now. I spent a lot of 2015 promoting Pillar (getting close to 250,000 players; amazingly new people are still playing), but in the background I've been in hermit mode working on new stuff.... it's been a really productive year.

I worked on 7 different games, unfortunately most ended up being dead ends but I expect some of the ideas to be reincarnated. If all goes as planned, I should be releasing one full length game and two smaller ones in 2016. Two of those projects are completed design wise, we're just needing to add art and polish them up.

On top of that, I just finished recording my first serious "non video game" album in three years... I'm hoping to experiment with some new business models for distributing it next year.

Also, one strange but cool thing that happened was that I was invited to be on a new TV show about video games planned for the Disney channel. I was in the pilot episode but it ended up being put on hold... so I'm doubting anyone ever sees it =-P I spent a few weeks working on that too.

That's not even counting what I did release... obviously Pillar, but also two free albums and an EP of older music. I also helped put together a promotion celebrating the life of Xbox Live Indie Games, gave some talks at schools, showed Pillar at conferences (GDC in San Francisco, PixelPop in St. Louis, PAX Prime in Seattle), ported Pillar to Steam, did interviews on 5 different TV stations and went on a small radio tour. I remember someone asking if I was going to take a break when I was doing the radio tour and I was like "this is a break to me" haha.

I say this a lot but I feel really blessed to do all these things I love, and most importantly have creative control over my work and not answer to anyone. I've been working nonstop at trying to make this happen since 2011, and this was the year it seemed to come together. I'm unsure how long I can keep going like this but I'm hoping to get a lot out in 2016. I'll see you then!

Games

Music

Videos

Other

Upcoming 2016 Projects

• Three new games
  • New album
Offline Profile ^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Theme Orbital by tiptopolive of Zathyus Network Resources.